Thursday, May 3, 2012

Swag Hunt


“I just want to let you know, that the first time I fuck you, I might scare you a little.  Because I’m a man, and I know how to do things.”

Well, well, well episode 3rd of Girls on HBO.  That woke me up.  I won’t ruin the episode for you if you haven’t seen it, (its on demand, maybe go watch it now, it is rather clever). Suffice it to say I felt the same way she did.

There was something refreshing in the shock of this otherwise understated artist taking command in such a primal way.  He moved effortlessly close to her, looked her straight in the eye, and shook her to the core.

I don’t know where that went.  The mater-of-fact-ness of masculinity. Did it get swept up in the ruckus of women storming the castle of the corporate work place?   Was it washed away with the division of household chores forever lost down the kitchen drain in a sudsy mess?

I know it hasn’t become totally extinct.  Commanding men still exist with a presence that blows you over.  Men who know what they want and without consternation take it.  They stand taller, their walk is smoother, and their energy parts crowds leaving a wake of admirers along their path.  Confidence and accomplishments are effortless to them. 

It is a thing of beauty.

I’m not talking about cave men that beat their chests and burb out the alphabet. Stay with me here. There used to be more than just Jay Z and Denzel who had true swagger.  I feel like the ranks are starting to thin out. 

Is it our fault?  Come on guys, you can tell us if it is.  Have us women taking over the boardrooms and the courtrooms suffocated and killed the very thing we find so appealing?  I can’t help but wonder if we have taken it for granted in our race to take over the work place and without the proper sun and watering it has started to wilt.

If so, I think it is time to do something about it.  Before it is too late.  I am willing to lead and recruit for the counter movement if that will bring the man’s man back.   I’m not quitting my job of course sillies, but I will make this my top priority.  Like any good cause, you need a champion, and I, my dear fellas, am your gal.

Just tell us what you need gentlemen, what will help counter this ugly situation?  Don’t be shy; let’s tackle this together.  Is it the cooking thing?  I will teach some women how to cook.  I have to admit, we might have taken the “I’m not going into the kitchen thing” a little too far.  We have to eat too.

Is it more than that?  A little late night stimulation?  I know, let’s lead a field trip or two to the stripe tease classes so that after taking over the world, our manly men have something to look forward to coming home to. 

Will that do it?

Should we call the first lady?  Maybe we should, just in case. She can tell us how she keeps her man with that constant tip when he glides up the steps of Air Force One.  We can make it a full semester course.

We all need to be in this together.  No more pointing fingers across the battle lines of the sexes.  A man stands taller when he has a woman by his side that looks at him and admires him like he runs the world.  And we love looking at you when you look like that.

I think it is time that we brought “Manly” back.

Your Big City Girl – On a full blown swag hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment